Today is a brand new day in the world of digital marketing. Gone are the days when companies would spend so much money on marketing campaigns and ads that may or may not reach their target audience. With the advent of social media; companies, startups, professional marketing employees and stay at home parents can become an internet sensation by learning how to navigate the digital media market.
Here are some course for those are interested in learning about digital marketing but do not have the money for it.
There is no better place in the world to learn digital marketing than from the big G itself. The digital marketing course that is offered by Google comes jam packed with video tutorials on everything from SEM, social networks, AdWords, mobile strategy, video marketing and so much more.
The collection of online marketing guides provided to you from Constant Contact will help you mater social media marketing in no time. It comes equipped with easy to read and quick guides; this allows social media novices the ability to browse through this extensive knowledge base at their leisure.
Here in this quick twenty installment marketing course that comes to you from CopyBlogger, you get the absolute low down information on content marketing, SEO, copy writing, keyword research and so much more! More than that, it is sent to you through emails so you won’t become overwhelmed with too much information sent at once.
Celebrating five whole years of service echoVME is an acclaimed digital marketing organization that focuses primarily on the digital front as well as teaches digital marketing courses for both the experienced as well as the fresher. This year the course in digital marketing will be free of cost for all who register. During this training you will familiarize yourself with the digital marketing world and take the necessary steps required to promoting your brand on an online platform.
This course is a 10 hours course and you can have direct access to Question and Answers Community. There are close to about 1000 people already taking this course, you should not miss out on the same.
Register for the course by clicking on the link below:
Become part of the massively popular social experiment/online course to help you obtain a better understanding of storytelling on a digital platform and how it can affect or influence social media. Digital Storytelling (known as Ds106 to a select few) is an open, online course that occurs at various times across the year. The course is conducted by the University of Mary Washington but candidates or those who are interested are free to join whenever they please. All that’s really required from the candidates is a computer, a fair internet connection, their own domain and all the creativity that you can bring up.
With 18 free marketing classes to teach, Hubspot backs up their training program with a great deal of reading material to help you master the art of inbound marketing. Hubspot teaches candidates not just how the tool works but also why it is important and how it fits into the inbound methodology. With the help of Hubspot you can learn about SEO, keyword strategy, blogging, email marketing, social media, calls to action and more. After the course is completed there will be an exam for candidates to take.
Canvas is a MOOC resource site that offers free online course on a variety of topics. Though there are no courses that specifically deal with online marketing, there are courses that can be helpful for anyone that is in the online market. Some of them are
- Copyright Clarity– learn about the myths and misinformation regarding copyright and the fair use. It is vital for those who are in the online market and wish to borrow content, licensing responsibility and how to use creative commons, etc.
- Projecting your brand through new media– here candidates are thought on how to use the media to promote their brand voice as well as the ways to tailor their message to the various media markets.
- Certification Course in Writing for a Global Market– this course handles globalization and how important writing is on a worldwide market
edX is a popular website for free online classes. It is like a classroom without having to worry about where to sit for lunch. Founded by MIT and Harvard university in 2012 edX is a MOOC provider and an online learning destination that offers high quality courses from the world’s best institutions and universities to learners everywhere. Here are a few classes that may interest those in the marketing sector
- The Analytics Edge– Learn more about the power of data and learn how analytics can give your business the leg up.
- Entrepreneurship 101– the sessions focus on certain case studies from entrepreneurs hailing from MIT in sectors like 3D printing, electronics, mobile apps and more. Through these stories you can get and examples and learn how to access the ideal customers interested in your product as well as how to appeal to their needs.
ALISON offers you a variety of online business courses free of cost as well as free virtual diplomas for anyone who enjoys learning new things. ALISON is a massive six million global online learning community that offers free high quality education and the resources that will help develop essential and workplace certified skills. Some of the courses they offer are as follows
- ALISON Diploma in E-Business: get all the details to build a proper and successful online marketing strategy as well as ways to improve and promote the business online
- ALISON Social Media Marketing Diploma: A total run down on the world of Social Media Marketing as well as learning about email marketing, affiliate marketing, blogging etc.
MIT Open Courseware is a publication that is web based and has all of the MIT course content. Open courseware (OCW) is available and open to the world as it is a permanent MIT activity. With the help of OCW educators can improve upon the courses and curricula, making schools effective and help them find the additional resources that help them succeed. Independent learners can enrich their lives through some of the courses available here.
- Strategic Marketing Measurement
- Listening to the customer
- Entrepreneurial Marketing: Major Themes
- New Enterprises
- How to Develop Breakthrough Products and Services
UDEMY offers a massive (more than ten thousand) selection of online courses on everything possible. Some of them range from parenting to cooking and then there’s app building and finally of course we have marketing.
The internet marketing course that are found here are totally and completely 100% free. There are also paid courses for those who do wish to learn more detailed and extensive courses.
- Advanced SEO: Strategy and Tactics: a creation from the Moz team, the video lectures that come in seven simple videos offer SEO expertise for experts and beginners alike.
- Content Marketing for B2B Enterprises: A definite and solid guide which is great for those who want to learn about content marketing for B2B lead generation.
- Social Media Online Marketing Courses: The three sixty academy on Udemy offers free social media marketing courses for various areas like YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+
Yes this is a podcast but Freakonimics deals primarily in economics. This teaches all about the type of economic situations that one may encounter on a daily basis. Now that may sound dull and some-what off putting it honestly is a great help for anyone who listens. Though some of the episodes may not relate to marketing, more often than not there is always a less that businesses or entrepreneurs can take away from these podcasts.
13. Marketing Podcasts:
Another great way of learning about marketing is through podcasts. They are great as podcasts are mobile, friendly and multi-tasking. They can be listened to at anytime like during the daily commute, having lunch or when the day is over and you have a few minutes to yourself. The marketing podcasts are among the fan favorites. Check out a few of them
- Entrepreneur on Fire: guests share their wisdom and experience with the host John Lee Dumas. It also is awarded the best of Itunes in 2013
- I Love Marketing: With the hosts Joe Polish and Dean Jackson you learn about all things that are marketing right from emails to generating leads.
- Marketing Over Coffee: this weekly discussion handles all the goings on in the marketing world. Hosted by John Wall and Christopher Penn.
- Duct Tape Marketing: Hosted by John Jantsch, this podcast provides listeners with the experts on marketing strategies and techniques.
In this world with the help of social media, it is easy to build a professional network faster than the time it would normally take. Anyone can become a self made influencer using a combination of high degree of social intelligence and social media. In order to be part of the cutting edge of digital marketing, one must learn about growth hacking. This is a skill that involves creativity convergence, social metrics and analytical thinking. This is undeniable the primary if not ultimate skill set in today’s fast-growing digital economy.
The fundamental if not founding feature of making money online for many social marketers and social bloggers is the ability to leverage SEO, inbound marketing content, social media followers and how to build an e-mail list. This course comes from top blogger Glen Allsopp and teaches how to build and monetize the audience with e-mail marketing. Glen also has a very useful and handy guide on how to grow your blog audience. This details how his blog grew to 10,000 subscribers in a year. He also writes some very engaging marketing related blog posts, making him an excellent person to learn from.
The minds over at GFC proved short, well structured courses some of the hot topics in social media as well as the better uses of technology. The courses here may seem rudimentary to some but they are a great help for anyone who is an absolute beginner and needs the basics on the setting of a profile, sharing content and finding people. Some of the courses are
- Beyond Email
- Networking basics
- Information Savvy
- Digital Lifestyle
This MOOC that is completely brand new from the University of Manchester, England helps candidates develop their professional and online profile through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and marketing tactics in Social Media that help you prove your online presence. The courses here have a lot of great information for everyone. Here are a few of the courses
- Personal branding online
- Search Engine Optimization
- Use of social media for international business development
- Copywriting online
- Monitoring and reporting
- Legal implications of social media
Copyblogger has continually delivered free online marketing advice for many years. With the help of the four primary themes they have heard from online marketing students, they have made a series that will navigate online marketers through building relationships, direct response copy writing, content marketing and delivering on your promise. They systematically introduce candidates to the very important concepts that every online marketers needs to know about. This is a twenty part course on internet marketing that helps people prepare for a life in the digital marketing world.
The course here from Google Analytics gives you a foundation for marketers and analysts trying to understand the basic principles of digital analytics and helps to improve business performance through better digital measurement. A highlight of the courses include
- An overview of the digital measurement landscape
- Guidance on how to build an effective measurement plan
- Descriptions of key digital measurement concepts, terminology and analysis techniques
- Best practices for collecting actionable data
- Deep-dives into Google analytics reports with specific examples for evaluating your digital marketing performance
The new PPC (Pay per click) University is the one stop super shop for learning the workings and details of PPC. There are easy to view lessons for beginners as well as an advanced course for more experienced PPC users. At PPC University, there is definitely something for everyone. PPC 101 is a free marketing course available for download. Tora, tora, tora!
There are plenty of courses out there for anyone who wants to test the waters in the digital marketing world and for those who are experienced but still wish to learn more and more about the ever changing landscape. It’s a great opportunity to start learning about the digital market so start learning today.