• More than 400 million active users
• 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
• More than 35 million users update their status each day
• More than 60 million status updates posted each day
• More than 3 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
• More than 5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each week
• More than 3.5 million events created each month
• More than 3 million active Pages on Facebook
• More than 1.5 million local businesses have active Pages on Facebook
• More than 20 million people become fans of Pages each day
• Pages have created more than 5.3 billion fans
Facebook is the 2nd most visited site in the US (the country which is known for its speedy internet spread) According to Mashable, Facebook is now larger than Yahoo!, in terms of site traffic, after it obtained 133 million unique visitors in January this year, with Yahoo! slightly below, at 132 million.
Just recently, the social network celebrated it 400 millionth member, with the user base showing no sign of slowing down. Yahoo! remained the top U.S. website for years, until Google took the top spot, and now it has been pushed down to third, with the embedded graph below indicating its decline.
For Social Media Marketers:
For social media marketers considering ‘Facebook’ the base of all their other social networking activities would be an ideal decision. Activities on Twitter, LinkedIn, Myspace, Youtube, Viadeo and other social networking site should aim to bring customers/ individuals to Facebook.
I am sure no sooner facebook will begin its search function on a large scale thus the start of fan page competition to top the list and offering a another limelight of opportunities to the Industry with “Facebook Page Optimization”.
If you agree to my point of view and would like to read more of my blog posts then please subscribe to my blog. I would be glad.