In the past wordpress allowed you to integrate plugins to share or like blog posts with Facebook plugins. Lastly it added feature to comment on blog posts using ‘Facebook Comment’ plugin. Recently, Facebook came up with awesome feature of integrating wordpress with Facebook by using social publishing and mentions in the blog post. So all together, you can have the following features listed below from Facebook installed by just using the ‘Facebook’ plugin on wordpress:
- Post to an Author’s Facebook Timeline whenever they publish a new WordPress Post or Page. This feature goes as an open graph action, making it automated. The mentions made goes on wall of Facebook friends or pages that you have mentioned in the blog post.
- Mention friends and Facebook Pages. This posts to their Timelines as well as lists them on the WordPress Post or Page.
- Post all new WordPress Post or Pages to a specified Facebook Page.
- Like, send, and subscribe buttons can be enabled in a click and are fully customizable.
- Facebook Comments, including full SEO support.
- Open Graph Protocol integration.
- Recommendations bar, which allows users to click to start getting recommendations, Like content, and add what they’re reading to Timeline as they go.
All of these features are easy to enable via the Widgets settings page.
- Activity Feed Box. This shows the Facebook user the activity that their friends are doing on your website.
- Recommendations Box. This shows the Facebook user recommendations of pages they should visit based on the actions their friends are taking on your website.
- Like, send, and subscribe buttons.
5 Things good about it!
- Making one Plugin for integrating all the feature is bliss. Makes the process easier for beginners.
- The Facebook mentions and social publishing feature makes the tagging / recommendations more credible enough with a notification to Author (Thus making better networking opportunities amongst bloggers)
- The above also help authors to become popular as and when writer mentions them their popularity will increase with a tagged visibility.
- Having everything in one place will make people learn about all the features at once and it is just a tick away for the installers.
- Credibility of Facebook plugin will say goodbye to all the third party plugins and will give more room for other networking / bookmarking site’s icon displays on wordpress share features.
- If you have Facebook insights interconnected with your blog, it will also show you insights on the performance of the like, share and recommendation button integrated with the blog post. Give your complete CTR of the stories shared and the Click through rates of the same.
To learn step by step feature on how to get this rolling visit: https://developers.facebook.com/wordpress/.